The Sims is one of the best-selling social simulation video game sagas in history, if you like that kind of experience, there are many other games like the Sims to have fun.
The Sims is a game which is best known for the PC platform; the game began many years ago, where the goal was to build a home for a family and do everything possible to make each member of the family happy.
They had their needs complete and stayed healthy.
There are different types of life simulators where, in addition to accompanying your character during different stages of existence, you can fulfill other alternative tasks.
Our List Of Best Games Like The Sims
We recommend 18 titles that you will love if you liked The Sims. Here is the ultimate list of the games similar to The Sims that can be downloaded right away:
If you like The Sims because of the fashion and furnishing elements of the house, then you will want to consider creating an account on Lady Popular.
- It is a website that is earning a fast track as one of the best free-to-play online Games dedicated to a female audience.
- The game is definitely a fashion game in the heart with an emphasis on buying costumes, entering fashion contests, and even creating your fashion track looks.
- If you do not want to participate in the fashion elements of the game.
- You can enjoy a large number of customization options available for your apartment, which grows from a single room quickly into an entire mansion to fill with your furniture options.
- As for free-to-play and online alternatives to The Sims go, Lady Popular cannot be beaten.
- It is a game that is very similar to The Sims.
My Sunny Resort is an exciting mix of complex building, management, and Sim-like customization room.
- This addictive browser game based on the game will be especially attractive for those who like to customize their own home in The Sims.
- As its name might suggest, the game is set in a sunny spa where players start with a lot of vacant lands.
- Your role is to transform this land into a bustling vacation destination.
- The steps to get there involve managing finances, hiring staff and choosing the right buildings to add to your resource.
- The part of the game that most resembles The Sims is the way My Sunny Resort allows you to customize individual rooms.
- This allows you to create some incredible rooms for high rollers that take a weekend at your resort, as well as more budget-oriented rooms for family visitors.
- This aspect of personalization is very similar to The Sims franchise with a good range of furniture items to place in the available space.
My Sunny Resort even includes some elements of interactivity that allow you to give instructions and take care of your guests in a way similar to the way you would take care of your Sims in the different Sim installments.
IMVU is a mix of chat, content creation and avatar customization that all The Sims fans will appreciate.
- Not only do you hold the chance to create your avatar with your style, but you can also be on the other side of the table by creating clothes and accessories for your avatar or the community in general.
- If you have a creative eye and were never happy with what The Sims offered in terms of customization and always wanted to create your articles (or were an active modder of the original Sim games).
- Then you will love the IMVU community that is full of millions of players who want to chat, create and customize.
- We can not say that it is not a game similar to sims, the truth is that it is.
- As one of the best free avatar games to play around, IMVU is a must try with a registration process that only takes a few seconds there is nothing that holds you back.
Second Life – Games Like The Sims
If you want raw and endless personalization in games like The Sims, then Second Life is easily the best option out there.
- The game allows you to live a completely new life in an online environment and caters to people who want to be social with other players and those who prefer to explore the world alone.
- With a highly customizable engine behind the game, it’s easy to spend hours and hours creating your perfect look in this online world.
- Customizing your character is not the only option available to you, with lots of opportunities to create houses, objects and more.
- Second Life is the kind of game that always has something to do, and the wide variety of activities available offers an attraction for everyone.
- The best part of Second Life, however, is the fact that it is one of the few free-to-play life simulation games out there.
- If you have never tried Second Life before, then it takes 15 seconds to set up an account and enter the incredible world that awaits you!
Enhance your game play and gaming speed with remotely accessible GPU powered Citrix Xendesktop VDI from CloudDesktopOnline.
Learn more about Hosted SharePoint and Office 365 Office 365 Enterprise E5 suite by visiting O365CloudExperts.
Club Cooee is a chat, social and personalization experience that encourages players to hang out in stunning 3D virtual worlds and listen to music together through the DJ Party function.
- If you like to reach new characters while you have many options to customize your avatar, then Club Cooee is the best Sim alternative for you.
- With a community of millions, ensuring the fact that thousands of players will be active at any time
- There is much to enjoy in the online environment of the game.
- Start to customize your account and meet new people by creating your free account to participate in the virtual 3D chat.
The number one option if you’re looking for life simulation Sims like games has always been The Movies for me.
When you take a look at the game, you will get a Sims-like vibe immediately.
- The game also has elements of tycoon / business-style, and since I’ve always been a fan of this genre, so I liked the mix.
- It will not be for everyone, however.
- The Movies is accessible on PC and Windows platforms and challenges players to run a movie studio across the ages.
- You will get to go from the early days of the film industry to modern times.
- Along the line, your technology and the tastes of consumers will change, so you always have to be alert for what you are developing to make sure it will be a blockbuster and not a complete failure (there are enough the real life!).
- While the gameplay does not sound fun, it becomes even better when you realize that you have a role to play in each (and I mean every) single aspect of the game.
- You have not to only create the studio (like building a house in The Sims) but also take care of the careers of movie stars, making sure that they are spending their time wisely.
- If they feel that life becomes too stressful, they will come off the rails as real actors do.
- The final component that gathers everything is the side of the game movie.
- However, these movies are not only created for you. In The Movies, you’ll have to make your movies by selecting the genre, the themes, the script and the scenes.
- Next, you will have to manage the actual filming process to make sure that they come within budget and that they are finished on time.
- Most of their creations will end up being about a minute or two in length, and then they can be shared with other people, which is half the fun.
- If I could only recommend one of the many life simulation games similar to The Sims that are out there today, I’d say go and play The Movies, simply because you’ll get hundreds of hours of it.
Virtual Families – Sims Like Games
One of the simplest life simulation The Sims like games is Virtual Families. It has some unique elements in its game that have hooked me, even though I did not think I would like it at first glance.
- Virtual Families is made of two games (Virtual Families and Virtual Families 2: Our Dream House).
- Both are on several platforms, so it is quite easy to play this game, whether on PC, Mac, Android or even iPhone.
- As the name might suggest, the game focuses more on the simulation of a family dynamic preferably than that of a single person or character.
- If you fancy playing a single or a couple when you play games, you probably do not want to miss this one; It is definitely for family oriented people. A game very similar to sims
- In the game, you can choose from hundreds of various options to create your own small family.
- Choose intelligently because you are about to spend a lot of time with them.
- Their role in the game is to encourage them to take actions that better their career opportunities and life in general, while of course keeping them happy.
- As in most life simulation games, the efficient use of time is the real key here.
- Virtual Families is especially good at having random events their way of keeping it on their fingers.
- You constantly have to react to fire situations to water leaks to job losses to the home throwing apart.
- It does an excellent job of reflecting the real problems that can get on the day to day in the real world!
- Built-in experience is a series of mini-games that allow the most expert players to win a leg in the game world.
- And it’s good to have an extra item that most games do not have.
- To keep you interested in the long term, the game uses a trophy system (with more than 100 trophies) and hidden Easter eggs.
- If you only have the budget or time for one of the games, I recommend Virtual Families 2.
It adds a lot of personalization elements to the home and pets in the gameplay, which is more in line with what most of the people want in life simulation games.
I love 3DS, but sometimes it’s a difficult console to find games for, especially in the genre of life simulation games.
Fortunately, with the announcement of New Leaf in 2013, I eventually had a game that is similar to The Sims.
- While formal games in the Animal Crossing series had some elements of life simulation, New Leaf took it to a new level by giving it control of an entire town.
- If you, like me, have played previous games in the franchise, you can pick up the gameplay pretty quickly.
- Even if not, the game is not that difficult since it was designed for younger and more casual audiences (common for Nintendo games).
- Animal Crossing does not use people; Instead, it uses anthropomorphic characters that have animal elements.
- It is a very peculiar and unique game world that awaits you (which I love).
- In this simulation game, you will be placed in the chair of the Mayor as you control everything in the city.
- Exploration and communication with other residents make up most of the game, but activities such as fishing (my favourite), construction and shopping are also available.
- Ultimately, your mission is to grow the wealth of you and the city through the Bells currency, which can be earned in several ways.
- The level of personalization here is simply insane, especially for a 3DS game, but that is Nintendo, always producing high-quality experiences.
- I had the most fun with the various aspects, so it helps to have a friend or two who are also in Animal Crossing.
Like The Sims, it’s not a bad game to play alone; I just do not think it’s your best option.
Ok, we know that this is a strategy game and not exactly a social simulation, but it has a component that you might like if you played The Sims.
- The reason is that you can follow your lineage of warriors while you travel the map conquering the neighboring kingdoms.
- Of course, the plot of war and battles have little to do with The Sims, but if you liked to follow the story of your characters from generation to generation, Crusader Kings 2 offers a similar mechanics.
- Follow your hero and his heirs as time goes by and new enemies and allies appear on the scene.
- Enjoy dominating the world with your family of conquerors and showing that you can manage the territory with your descendants.
Harvest Moon – The Sims Like Games
Harvest Moon combines the development of a simulation game with a role-playing adventure and combats.
The objective of the game is to take care of your animals, plant different plants and visit your friends in the town to get rewards and improve your quality of life.
- A unique combination between simulation and adventures for those who enjoy living other lives through video games.
- In this case, choosing a couple, looking for how to earn your daily bread and turning your farm into a great place for friends, animals and crops.
Mystery Quest is a fun live escape game located in the neighbourhood of Deusto in Bilbao.
The way to play is very simple. You only have to assemble a team of between two and six people, since teamwork is essential, and enter one of the two Escape Rooms of Mystery Room.
- The door closes, and the countdown begins; you have an hour to leave.
- In the room, you will find mysterious objects, enigmas, puzzles and clues that will allow you to solve the different proposals until you find the last clue that gives access to the exit.
- To play you only need to use wit and intuition, skill and physical strength you can leave at home.
Kudos 2 is one of the unique games. I thought it was a toss-up whether or not it deserved the inclusion on this page of life simulation games like The Sims.
- It is very focused on statistics, so min/max players will be drooling over it (I fall into this category), but other players might find this as a shutdown.
- Regardless of this, I decided that because I had a lot of fun with this game, it needed to be shared!
- The game includes a demo on your website, so you do not have to purchase to decide if the game is right for you.
- So, what does the game involve? It’s a mix of life and strategy simulation that challenges you to use your time wisely to create the best possible life.
- Kudos 2 games in turns, so you have lots of time to make decisions on how you want to use your day.
- Is it time to do that project rather than going out with a friend? Is it time to work in the gym to grab a new date?
- Maybe it’s time for a relaxing heyday at home.
- The decisions you make during the game will have a direct impact on your stats and various moods.
- The flexibility of the game similar to the sims is its greatest asset.
- I will play a game exclusively focused on my career, then decide to be a social butterfly in the next one, which is similar to the way I play The Sims.
- For that reason, I had a lot of fun with Kudos 2, and I think that most other fans of The Sims will tell you that you should try the game (remember that there is a free demo available).
- I would also want to show out that the game is not computer intensive anyway, so if you are limited to playing on a laptop, Kudos 2 will still work perfectly fine.
Here is another article (gameslikefinder) that will help you find some more related games.
Avakin Life – Games Similar to The Sims
Imagine a virtual world where you, the user, is an integral part of your evolution, where you can meet and interact with countless people.
- Individuals who share interests similar to yours imagine a virtual world that you can access from anywhere.
- Welcome, then, to Avakin Life.
- This is one of the most attractive online Sim-like games that will allow you to make new friendships, test your insides, discover an entirely new 3D world and much more.
- It has a very good interface that lets you customize everything you need.
- Spend hours in the design of your perfect decoration or ask a friend for help. Everything is possible!
- Also, it has an animation system that you can add to your avatar.
- Its continuous updating and continuous improvement, allows you to enjoy new features such as better furniture to decorate your home, more socializing environments and new challenges every day.
City Island 4 – The Sims Like Games
- In this game, you must build a city, and you can be the most popular in the game.
- Here you must focus on building and so enjoy the great atmosphere generated by the city, you can have many builders in the city, and so you can have.
- As a result of a paradise island with lots of gold and money.
Find out how to live your Youtube favorites with this game! In it, you will find daily challenges to improve your videos and achieve success in a world as competitive as that of influencers.
- You can also design your avatar the way you like it since it has different options to customize, choose the best outfit so that your path to the top is easier.
- In the game, you must edit your videos to get more subscribers.
- You will have to do it from your parents’ house, and as you progress, new scenarios are opened.
- In addition to the videos, you will have to deal with your social life, responding to your fans and being with your family.
- Time management is essential to achieve victory!
- As you advance into the game you will also have the opportunity to do more things like visiting the movies, watch new video game presentations, party and much more.
- Connect with other friends or find your ideal partner!
Home Street – Games Like The Sims
One of the main games similar to The Sims. It is ideal for people who enjoy personalizing all the elements of the simulator.
If you have a lot of creativity and want to demonstrate it, this game is perfect for you.
- The goal is to design the house of your dreams and enjoy the company of all your neighbors.
- For this, you are allowed to customize every aspect you want, from your characters to the furniture and details of the house where you live.
- Its interface allows you to make friends from all over the world, making them your neighbors.
- By doing this, you can ask for help or help them in the game to achieve the house of your dreams.
- Work as a team with all your friends and build the best home!
Tomodachi Life: Another of the Sims like games
The Nintendo Mii are grouped on an island where you can spend everything at the time you least expect.
- Your characters, your rules and your decisions give shape to what is possibly the most unlikely, strange and extravagant video game that you can throw in your face in the entire Nintendo 3DS catalogue.
- And that, taking Animal Crossing: A New Leaf as precedent.
- Sean Connery is jumping in his room; Ellen Page rests in bed while having a nightmare.
- Link, from The Legend of Zelda, looks in the mirror while wearing a Saint Patrick’s hat, and Shigeru Miyamoto throws the stuff to Cameron Díaz.
- No, it is not the script of a telenovela conceived between messages from a forum like the Offtopic of this house.
- All this is what you can find in Tomodachi Life, the great Japanese ‘hit’ of Nintendo 3DS that now disembarks in Europe.
And neglect: these situations are the most common that you’ll throw yourself in the face while playing this kind of social simulator that drinks from The Sims.
What other games like The Sims with simulation elements that make you remember The Sims are the ones you like the most?