This list of innovative & best Sims 4 mods will electrify your Sims 4 gameplay experience once more.
The Sims 4 offers way more interesting gameplay than its predecessors, and with improved graphics, this game is even more enjoyable to play for a long period.
The good news is that, just like any other Sims games, you will also be able to apply mods to The Sims 4, making the gameplay to be even more interesting.
By applying various mods to this game, you will experience lots of new things that will make this game even more fun to play.
With these best mods for Sims 4, there are lots of things that you can add to the gameplay, which are not originally included with the game.
Our List Of The Best Sims 4 Mods
Moreover, there are new mods that are coming regularly due to the very active community of fans that love to play and have fun with this game on a daily basis. Here are the 20 best mods for Sims 4 that can help to enhance your gameplay:
Glowing Android LEDs
The Glowing Android LEDs mod is generally inspired by the world of Detroit Become Human, a PS4 game released in 2018 wherein androids are living together with human beings.
One distinct feature of those androids is that they have glowing LEDs on the side of their head that differentiate them from human beings.
This mod will try to create such an environment for your Sims.
- You can add android LEDs in your Sims’ heads with different versions for different head shapes.
- Various colors are available: red, blue, and yellow.
- The version for children is available for this mod.
- The position of the LEDs can be adjusted easily to fit each head shape of your Sims.
- It is available for all Sims (children, teen, adult, and elder), both male and female.
You can use the Glowing Android LEDs by accessing Accessories > Eyebrow Piercings or Accessories > Earrings.
Old French Village – Best Sims 4 Mods
This Old French Village Sims 4 mod will allow you to turn an area into an old French village, with the feel similar to those in fantasy Disney movies.
It allows you to build a complete area full of various buildings that are usually available in an old French village.
Thus, it will make your Sims world to be more like fantasy and traditional world instead of a modern one.
- You can build 10 different cottages for your village area.
- There are also household Sims available to live in this specific village.
- You can build various commercial buildings such as pubs and cafe.
- A castle can be built at the top of the village.
- Some natural attractions are also available, such as a hidden garden, a vegetable garden, and a stream.
Note: The specific household that is created specifically for this mod can be found in Catheney16’s gallery account.
Go To School
The Go To School mod allows your Sims to go back to school and experience full education there, simulating a real school life.
For instance, your characters can choose the subjects that they like the most and achieve various school-related goals.
Not only that, you can also go to counseling in your school if you feel that you need the boost of motivation or feel bored.
Overall, it’s a great way to experience an exciting school life all over again.
- You can undergo normal school education and achieve skills and rewards that you can use later after you’ve graduated.
- It simulates real-life school environment with teachers, counselors, principal, classmates, school subjects, and so on.
- You can unlock certain aspirations that you can use in your adult life later.
- You can teach your skills in class and pass your knowledge to other Sims.
- It is available for both child and teen Sims.
Please note that this mod will require Get To Work in order to function properly.
IKEA Home Stuff
IKEA is a prominent furniture maker that produces various types of furniture with elegant styles and affordable pricing.
Even in real life, many households around the world are using IKEA products as their home furniture.
So, it would only make sense if there is a mod to include this popular furniture brand into the world of Sims 4.
And yes, the IKEA Home Stuff mod will give you this exact function, which is to put IKEA furniture in your house within the game.
- You can decorate your house with various types of furniture from IKEA brand, which are known to be stylish and elegant.
- The number of IKEA furniture items that you can choose with this mod is 68 items, which include sofas, lights, beds, shelves, and other decorations.
- Various colors are available to customize your furniture.
- Each item is made to resemble the real item that you can find in real life, with original name and description.
This IKEA Home Stuff Sims 4 mod is actually the improvement from the similar mod that is available in The Sims 2.
The Mars Human Colony
The Mars Human Colony is a mod that is inspired by the dream of human beings to live in Martian soil.
In other words, it will allow you to show how it is like to live the daily life on Planet Mars.
The Red Planet will be your new home and environment once you’ve applied this mod into place.
You can build a small neighborhood of Mars human colony wherein you can live your life surrounded by harsh environment found in Planet Mars.
- You can create a neighborhood of Mars human colony that consists of 4 houses.
- You can put 3-4 Sims to live in each household.
- The environment will resemble the Planet Mars environment, and the colony will be a safe area where you can live normally just like on Earth.
- It uses Martial soil as the base floor as well as the floor underneath it.
- Within the colony, there are some green areas where your Sims can enjoy a fresh environment just like when they were living on Earth.
Please note that this mod will require various custom content to be installed first, since it is not included in the mod installation file.
Sabrina the Teenage Witch House
If you love watching Sabrina the Teenage Witch TV series back in the 90s, you will know that Sabrina has a house called The Spellman Residence.
This is the house that belongs to the witch family that Sabrina belongs to, and it is also full of magic.
The good thing about Sabrina the Teenage Witch House mod for The Sims 4 is that you can build The Spellman Residence and allow your Sims to live there.
It will be quite a fantastic house for your Sims.
- You can let three simsorwitches to live in the house.
- The house is large enough to contain many rooms, such as 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, dining room, kitchen, laundry room, and so on.
- You will also find the magic closet there.
- Backyard is empty, which you can decorate further.
While the house is not in 100% resemblance with the one in the show, you will see that it is closely similar to The Spellman Residence as featured in the show.
Become A Sorcerer – Best Sims 4 Mods
With this mod, you will be able to train your Sims to become a sorcerer and choose their preferred alignment.
The alignment here means that you can choose between the good or bad side, or between the light and the dark side.
As a sorcerer, you will be able to learn various spells that enable you to cast them into other Sims as you please. It’s a good way to explore the world of magic in The Sims 4.
- You can choose between learning White Arts or Black Arts.
- By using your spell in public, you can boost your reputation, whether it is a good reputation or a bad reputation.
- Various specializations are available for your spells.
- You can perform devotion ritual once you’ve reached the mastery level in your specialization.
Please note that children and toddlers will not be able to cast any spells yet until they reach adulthood.
Road To Fame
This mod allows you to experience the life of celebrity for your Sims. Your Sim will become a popular celebrity that is always followed by paparazzi.
There are also various things that you can do to boost your celebrity status, such as posting photos on Simstagram, interacting with other popular people, showing off your singing skills, and so on.
You will start from the ground up and work your way toward fame.
- Various skills to improve, including Simstagram skills and fame levels.
- Various ways to earn money for your Sims.
- Various new interactions and buffs to use.
- Lots of NPC characters, including fans and paparazzi.
- You can raise your fans excitement by signing autographs, hugging them, or even kissing them.
Note that if you want to use selfies and manual photos option, you are required to install Get To Work expansion pack first.
Additional Personality Traits
While The Sims 4 already offers you with lots of base traits for your Sims, as well as the traits that they can acquire as you progress with the game, there are lots of mods to add additional personality traits to your characters.
These additional traits will be useful for you to improve the quality of your Sims and make them even more adapt in doing various things within the game.
For instance, the additional trait slick dancer will allow your Sims to be an expert dancer and help to improve your interactions with other Sims.
- Lots of additional traits are available, made by the community users.
- New traits can help improve your skills.
- Helps you to give your Sims a new way of life.
- It’s very easy to apply the new traits.
Please note that Mod The Sims is the best place for you to find various mods related to adding new personality traits to your Sims.
The True Happiness mod is an interesting mod for The Sims 4 that will allow your Sims to experience true happiness when they are fully happy.
Once this mod is applied, the new Happy mood for your sims will give way more positive changes for them, unlike the regular Happy mood.
Meanwhile, the Fine mood will provide effects similar to Happy mood in regular mode.
- Now, Happy mood will provide full positive effects for your sims.
- The new Happy mood color will display in white, whereas the Fine mood color will display in green.
- It can give boost to your career performance.
- It can also give boost to your skills.
- You can change the features of the Happy mood in the Settings menu.
The True Happiness mod is recommended to be used with other mods, such as Variable Emotional Traits, Uncomfortable Overhaul, and Emotional Inertia.
This mod will allow you to follow your sims when they are doing their work. In normal mode, you will choose a career for your sim and you can manage your sim only until they go to work.
There are lots of careers that are available in the base game, yet many of them will not be available to choose.
The Turbo Careers mod will give you a closer look at the careers of your sims by being able to follow their activity while they are working.
Also, there are careers that are available for teens.
- You can follow your sims to work, provided that you have built the necessary work venue for them.
- All closed careers for adult sims will be opened.
- There are two additional careers for teens, which are Barista and Fast Food.
- You will be assigned goals once you’ve arrived at the work venue.
- You can get promoted faster and boost your career by completing goals that are assigned to you on a daily basis.
Please note that this mod will work only if you have the Get To Work Expansion Pack installed.
In this Marketing Career mod, you will be able to choose various marketing careers that are available in two tracks.
Your goal is to advance your career in the track that you choose, from the ground level to the highest level.
The more you advance your position, the more earnings that you will have.
- There are two tracks for you to choose, which are Communication and Management.
- There are four available positions that you can advance your career on, such as Unpaid Intern, Grant Writer, Donor Relations, and Program Coordinator.
- You can choose your track only after you have achieved the Program Coordinator Position.
- The Communication track offers various positions, such as Graphic Designer, Publicist, Community Outreach, Social Media Coordinator, and Marketing Director.
- The Management track offers various positions, such as Administrative Assistant, Human Resources Manager, Associate Director, Executive Director, and Chief Operational Officer.
This mod can help you to unlock new skills for your sims.
Build Your Own Houseboat
The Build Your Own Houseboat Sims 4 mod allows your sims to live in a houseboat in the fishing town.
There are various styles of the houseboat that you can use as your house, with various customization options.
This mod is inspired by the fishing town that is included in the Cats and Dogs Expansion Pack in The Sims 3.
It adds the houseboat shells to make the area much more appealing.
- There are three colors available for the houseboat shells, which are deep sea blue, brick red, and turquoise water.
- The sims are free to walk through the walls since there are no opening doors for it.
- There are two versions of the houseboat shells, which are the Cats and Dogs version and the Base Game version.
- You will build the houseboat yourself according to your preferences.
- You can change the lot size for your houseboat.
Please note that you can find the houseboat shells under Sculpture in the Decorative section.
Emotional Inertia – Best Sims 4 Mods
The Emotional Inertia mod is the mod that you can apply to keep your sims’ moods more persistent so that their moods can be used to improve their performance and skills in a better way.
Because The Sims 4 will feature moods that are typically changing from time to time, this mod will keep your desired mood to last for as long as you need it.
Thus, you don’t need to keep doing things that are needed to get the same moods over and over again.
- You will have a more long-lasting mood for your sims.
- Your sims’ moods will be more humanlike and not fleeting.
- You can use this mood effect starting with your child sim.
- Each mood has more points and more duration.
- Some bad moods don’t have the effect of emotional inertia.
There are some other mods that are recommended for you to use when you decide to apply the Emotional Inertia mod, such as Uncomfortable Overhaul, No Happy Environment Moodlets, and Variable Emotional Traits.
Custom Food Interactions
The Sims 4 allows you to make custom foods that go with various recipes. Your sims can cook those foods provided that they know the recipe to make them.
The Custom Food Interactions mod is the mod that make the cooking process much more interesting.
It adds some interactions while your sims cook the custom foods. This will make cooking those foods much more enjoyable for everyone.
- You can see more interactions when your sims cook custom foods, as well as when they interact with stoves and fridges in the kitchen.
- You will have more custom recipes to cook more custom foods.
- There are lots of interactions available for various custom foods.
- More custom foods and custom recipes are being added regularly.
Please note that this mod can cause your sims to be obsessed with custom foods.
This is the mod that will turn your sims’ regular life into the life full of magic. The Fairies mod for The Sims 4 will allow you to turn your sims into fairies and manage their daily interactions since they were toddlers.
With this mod, you will take control of fairies as your characters and let them use their magic energy for various purposes. Also, you will be able to see aura as well.
- You can have fairies since they were toddlers by activating the Plead The Fairies interaction (with the new update for the mod).
- These fairies can fly since they were children.
- You can change the color of your wings.
- They can use aura to perform various magic abilities.
Please note that in order to be fairies, your sims must activate the Plead The Fairies interaction in front of the Fairies’ Tree. This is the only way to activate this mod.
Retire For Adults
In The Sims 4, the only characters that can retire are the elders. Adults are often not available for retirement, and they have to work until they become elders in order to be able to retire.
The Retire For Adults mod is a simple mod that allows your adult sims to retire before they become elders.
It will allow you to bypass the retirement requirements in this game.
- You can apply retirement for your adult sims.
- You can earn automatic money during retirement.
- The mod is available both for adults and young adults.
With this mod, you can choose your adults to keep their jobs or to retire early.
Playable Pets – Best Sims 4 Mods
The Playable Pets mod allows you to use pets as your sims.
In other words, you can play the pets as your main characters, just like the regular sims.
You can direct their behavior, fulfill their needs, and more.
This mod is a part of the Cats and Dogs Expansion Pack, so you need to have this pack installed before being able to use this mod.
- Play as cats and dogs.
- Direct your pets as you would direct your sims.
- You can change your pets’ behaviors and fulfill their needs.
With this mod, the pet interactions will still be intact.
MC Command Center
This mod allows you to improve your Sims 4 gameplay and make the game even more fun to play.
It is actually a mod that has various modules for various functions that are designed to control your sims even better.
You can customize your sims experience using this mod, as there are various modules available to do that.
- Various functionalities are available, including preventing relationship decays, adjusting household bills, and creating story progression mechanic.
- You can alter the lifespan of your sims.
- Improve various parts of the gameplay by eliminating bad events, interactions, and more.
This mod contains various modules that you can use to change various aspects of the game.
Teleport Any Sim
The Teleport Any Sim mod will allow you to teleport any sim to another place at anytime. In this way, you can keep your sim safe when there are emergency situations arising.
You can simply teleport the sim to go away from the location to keep their safety.
Also, if your sims are threatened by something, this mod will allow that thing to go away and leave your characters alone.
- You can teleport any sim to a different place.
- You can summon any sim to your current location.
- You can make any threat to go away and leave your sim alone.
In order to use this mod, you will need to purchase the teleport statue.
Those are the best Sims 4 mods that can enhance and improve the gameplay of The Sims 4.
You can mostly download those mods at Mod The Sims or the respective creator’s homepage. So, get playing!