A lot of people have tried to search and gather information about Chromebooks in various places; the most common bring search engines like Google.
The fascination for Chromebook was always there, and they are even more useful as they can do most of the tasks as a MacOs as Windows too.
However, doing each and every task to do in simple is not that easy, and the Chromebook users often face a lot of difficulties while working on projects that involve the editing of videos and work related to it.
Therefore, it is often required that the Chromebook users need to know about video editing software that works just perfectly in Chromebooks and are easy to use too.
Given below are 8 of the top free video editing software for Chromebook.
The Wondershare Filmora9 is one of the top most used video editing apps for Chromebook users. Unlike its previous versions, it has been upgraded a lot and all of the latest and important features have been included in it.
The working of this app is very simple too, and users generally do not have any problem understanding the working of it.
- The user interface is very simple.
- A lot of editing tools, transitions and effects are available.
- Colour correction with Chroma Key is available.
- Easy to upload the files.
- The option of storyboard editing is no longer available.
For the Chromebook users who want to edit a video in a short amount of time without having to go through much, the Magisto app is just perfect for them. One can simply upload a file, choose a theme, choose audio and the rest will be done by the app itself.
One can visit ‘My Movies’ and see the videos published by it. Also, the videos can be shared to the social media sites via Facebook, Google+, Twitter or YouTube.
- There are no issues of interruption while uploading a video and the internet connection is very stable.
- The editing process of the video is one of the simplest ones while using Magisto and the usage is very easy to understand.
- One can simply pick the desired style of editing and can also choose a tune from the inbuilt audio tracks present in the software. Even the option of uploading a personal audio file is available.
- The connectivity of this software with the extra services is quite limited. There are only a handful of services that can connect with Magisto.
Stupeflix Video Maker
For the users of Chromebook who are looking for software that has nearly all the necessary features required to edit a video file in any desired way as possible, the Stupeflix Video Maker is definitely a very good choice.
There are a lot of themes available from which the user can choose from, and the unfinished projects can be even saved with the help of an account to save the progress of the work by the user, which can be resumed and completed in any time in the future.
- There are a lot of extra added features that are present in this software, and one can even access the advanced editing features without having to pay for anything.
- Videos can be downloaded of quality 360p with the help of a free account.
- The option for sharing the videos through the email, YouTube, Twitter or Facebook is available.
- Even though there are a lot of good features present, the software itself is not really very advanced.
- The option of dragging and dropping the files from the desired folder for editing is not available.
- There is a size limit of 40 MB, above which the users need to pay for uploading the files.
WeVideo is one of the best free apps that is available for video editing, and it is used by a lot of people as well. The interface is very user-friendly, and a lot of solid features are present in the app, making it a popular choice among many individuals. A lot of options are available for graphics, audio and themes, which the users can choose upon from.
- Apart from internal storage, sources like Instagram, Flickr, Box, Picasa, Dropbox, Facebook and OneDrive are also applicable in this app for uploading a video file for editing.
- Space up to 5 GB is available and there are basically no restrictions upon the size of the file.
- The uploaded media can be accessed easily and reused as well.
- The option of dragging and dropping the media files is not available.
- The uploading is comparatively slow.
JayCut is one of the popular software for video editing in Chromebook which has quite a similar interface to the non-linear video editing apps, like the Windows Movie Maker for example.
- There are a lot of effects and features available.
- The speed of selected clips can be changed along with introducing effects as well.
- Users can directly draw on the video using the drawing tools.
- Green screen work can be done using the Chroma key function available in it.
- The default brightness and saturation settings cannot be changed.
- There are limited text effects available for application.
YouTube Video Editor
This is one of the most favourable video editing tools that the Chromebook users can use. Videos directly available from the YouTube page can be edited and various effects and transitions can be used on them.
- A lot of simple editing options are available.
- The drag and drop feature is present.
- Direct uploading can be done after the editing is complete.
- Music clips cannot be shortened.
- The option of overlapping audios is not available.
This app is one of the most popular video editing tools that are used by a majority of the professional video editors. All the features that are required to edit a video file as required are present.
- Frame by frame trimming is available.
- Brightness and saturation can be controlled fully.
- Audio filters along with royalty free music are also available.
- One can even use 3D effects.
- A watermark is placed in the finished video file after editing. To remove this, one has to upgrade to the paid version.
This app can be used for both professional and fun purposes, and has equal effects for adding a professional touch to the videos, as well as making it as funny as possible. A lot of tools are available for various required purposes.
- Text addition, splitting and merging of clips and changing the speed of the video can be done.
- Reverse playback is also supported here.
- An active internet connection is required to use all the features of VivaVideo.
This post has shared the ideas on the best video editors for Chromebook. We have tested dozens of video editors available in Chrome Web Store and collected hundreds of users’ report. If you have a Chromebook, you can read our reviews carefully and discover your favorite video editing tools.