With over 13 million downloads across the globe and raving reviews online, Scanguard is slowly becoming one of the leaders among antivirus solutions.
It is fast, reliable, intuitive, and comes packed with a decent set of additional features.
If you’re looking for a reliable all-around product that will keep you protected 24/7, this software definitely deserves your attention.
With a Web Shield extension, a 2-wall firewall, parental controls, and a free Virtual Private Network, Scanguard is worth every single penny you pay for it.
In this post, we’ll go over the download-installation procedure and talk about its performance, ease of use, pricing, and more.
- Excellent Apps For Win, Mac, Android, iOS
- You Can Use One Single Account For All Devices
- Easy To Use, Low System Impact
- Comes Packed With A Free VPN
- Affordable, Several Plans To Choose From
- Decent Protection Against All Known Threats
- Renewal Rates Three Times Higher Than New-User Rates
- Known To Conflict With The Microsoft Windows Defender
- While Protection Is Strong, Scanguard Wasn’t Properly Tested Yet
Download And Installation
- First of all, you’ll need to pick one of the available packages (we’ll talk more about them in the final section).
- Next, select the payment method; but, before doing that, the website will ask you to register using a real email.
- After that, choose the app for a desktop (Win, Mac) or mobile (iOS, Android) platform and download the installer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions, and Scanguard will be installed in less than two minutes.
Ease Of Use
This software has been around for a long time, and, over the years, the team has managed to perfect the UI.
No matter which platform you choose, you’ll be pleased by how fast the software is and how easy it is to use it.
By default, Scanguard automatically runs real-time checks, keeps outside threats at bay, and downloads new updates. And, the users can always go to the Settings menu and tweak things to their liking.
On the main dashboard, you can click on one of the four icons and access the respective menus.
Those include the Antivirus settings, the System Boost tools, Disk Cleaner, and Web Security. Next, there is the Password Vault and the VPN (it’s called Safe Browsing).
The same menus can be reached on the left side of the dash (they have the same icons).
System Scans And Performance
With Scanguard, the users can run quick, fast, and manual scans (scheduling is also available).
To check the most critical and vulnerable areas of the system, use the quick scans. To thoroughly check the OS, including every single file and folder, go with the full scan.
The manual scans are excellent for handpicking, which files/folders/apps should be checked by the software.
The good news is – Scanguard doesn’t have a high system impact, and it won’t bother you while working in the background. Even during a scan, the app is very “modest” in terms of resource consumption.
The Web Shield extension and the Disc Cleaner do everything on their own: all you need to do is launch them – they’ll take care of the rest.
The VPN is an excellent tool for keeping your privacy online. As for the 2-wall firewall, it will add even more security and serve as a double layer of defense.
Finally, the parental controls are intended for restricting access to specific sites.
Pricing, Money-Back Guarantee, Free Trial
Let us take a quick look at the Scanguard packages, starting with the most affordable one:
- Scanguard Essential Antivirus: 25 dollars a year
- Scanguard Antivirus Pro: 40 dollars a year
- Scanguard Ultimate Antivirus: 60 dollars a year
While these prices seem to be more than fair, every single Scanguard review will warn you that 2nd-year rates are much higher.
For example, Essential will cost you $100; Pro – $120, and to renew Ultimate, you’ll have to pay $150. On top of that, the company doesn’t offer any free trials.
But, there is a 30-day refund period (the so-called Money-Back Guarantee); use it to get a complete refund.