PlayStation 2 was an instant hit, produced by Sony, and loved by millions of gamers. When I was a kid, I owned it, following the footsteps of my best friends, and spent long weekends playing amazing games on PS2. Now, as an adult, most of the people memorize those tenseless weekends, and sometimes they crave for PS2 games. Unfortunately, PS2 is not so common these days, but I have found more than one way to play PS2 games on Android.
Android itself provides more than a dozen High Resolution and exciting games like PUBG or COD; you can use your Android phone for many more applications. If you are serious about playing PS2 famous games on Android, you must have a phone with better specifications. The higher the phone specs, the more you instantly enjoy your childhood memories by playing PlayStation games.
How to Play PS2 Games on Android in 2022
The first and foremost thing you need is an Emulator that coincides with the PS2 environment with Android to help you install and play your most loved games. You will need to download an ISO file related to your favorite game.
Which Emulator to download for Playing PS2 Games on Android?
You will find more than a dozen emulators for PS2 available on Android. If you want the best emulator, you can choose any one of the following;
Playing PS2 Games on Android using PPSSPP:
Firstly, download an ISO file of the game you want to play. The size of an ISO file is usually big, but it actually depends on the game you want to play. Make sure your phone has enough space to handle the Emulator and the ISO file. Also, I recommend you download an ISO file that you own yourself. Downloading it from a third-party app may cause problems during the gameplay. Here is how you set up things to play your favorite PS2 games directly on an Android Mobile Phone;
- Open up the Play Store on Android and search for PPSSPP to install it.
- Download the file of the game you want to play. You can simply search Google and get one quickly. For example, If you’re going to play “Resident Evil 4”, search Google for “Resident Evil 4 PS2 File” and get what you need.
- As the downloaded files come in a zipped format, you will need to extract the actual file with the help of Winrar or some other application available on the Android Play Store.
- After successfully extracting the zipped file, open PPSSPP Emulator and assign the required permissions, you will need to give permissions to PPSSPP to access your file manager to locate the ISO file of your favorite PS2 game.
- Click the app bar at the top and find the ISO file in your file manager. After finding the file, just click it, and the PS2 Emulator will install it on its own.
How to Play PS2 Games on Android using other Emulators?
You will need to follow the same steps as described for the PPSSPP Emulator. There are two important things to download. The first is to download a suitable Emulator, and the second is to download the ISO file of the game you want to play. If your phone has enough space, you can also download multiple ISO files of different games you love. If you dislike PPSSPP, you can delete it and install AetherSX2 Emulator, widely used by Android users to play PS2 games instantly.
How to Set up AetherSX2 on Android?
If you want to play PS2 games on Android using AetherSX2, you will need a PS2 BIOS file downloaded on your phone. Simply search for “PS2 BIOS Internet Archive”, go to any of the links that appear, and download the file. Extract the downloaded zipped file with the help of the Zip File Extractor App. Here are the further steps that you need to follow;
- Download the ISO file of the game because AetherSX2 is just an Emulator which doesn’t come with pre-downloaded games. You can find the ISO file easily on Google.
- Now is the time to install the AetherSX2 app from the play store.
- Open the app, read the documentation if you want to, and Hit Next.
- Import the BIOS file you recently downloaded into the Emulator App. You must remember the path where you extracted the BIOS file.
- Add a Game Directory in Emulator to help AetherSX2 load all the games available in the specified folder.
- The Emulator will load all the games in a while, and you can click the one you want to play now.
Best PS2 Games to Play on Android
As a kid, we played many games on PS2, and each of us liked games according to our interests. According to the stats, here are some of the most played PS2 games,
- Band of Thieves
- Resident Evil 4
- Silent Hill 2
If you are finding PS2 android emulators, go through our post on Best PS2 Emulators for Android.
Due to enhancement in the technical field, developers try to bring the whole world inside your Pocket Mobile, and they have succeeded after launching the best PS2 emulators on Android. People who want to relive their childhood memories can simply download the best PS2 Emulator on their Android phone, download the ISO file of their loved game, merge the downloaded things and enjoy your weekends as you did in your childhood.