This list of energizing best Payday 2 Mods will revolutionize your Payday 2 gameplay experience once again.
Released for the first time in 2013, Payday 2 offers an action-packed cooperative shooter gameplay that brings various improvements from the first installment.
The game initially released for PS3, Xbox 360, PC, and Linux, while the improved version of the game was released for the current modern consoles such as PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch.
Due to a great reception from gamers, this game finally has physical releases for various platforms as opposed to being a digital-only game.
Our List Of 20 Best Payday 2 Mods
The good thing is that PC players can also modify the game using mods, enabling you to unlock more possibilities to enjoy this game to the fullest.
Here are the top 22 mods that you can install on your PC, which give you different ways to enjoy this game even more:
Enemy Health and Info
Taking the heists and shooting your enemies while doing so is the core of the Payday 2 gameplay. But, without knowing your enemy health, you might not be able to gauge your attack and how long it is required for you to defeat your enemies.
With the Enemy Health and Info mod, you will be able to see all important enemy information in your HUD. This mod is a standalone part of the uHUD Vanilla+ mod that you can install to customize the look and feel of your HUD.
- A standalone mod for uHUD Vanilla+ that doesn’t require any other related installation.
- Your enemy health is shown in the HUD in real time.
- Enemy name and health will be shown when you aim at them.
- Editing each unit name is possible.
- Fixed the crash problem in version 2.
Better Bots – Best Payday 2 Mods
When playing with bots, you might be frustrated when you see the bots are sometimes not too smart. But, you need to play with bots if you can’t find actual players to play co-op with you sometimes.
The good thing about this mod is that it can turn the bot’s AI to be a lot smarter and to behave a lot more like human players. This way, you will get even more fun playing with them and the overall gameplay experience will be better.
- Various aspects of the bot’s AI are improved.
- Bots behave more like human players instead of an empty computer AI.
- They are able to dominate the cops.
- Bots are able to mark enemies and turrets effectively.
- Bots can knock down enemies with melee attacks.
Re-Texture Project is the mod that attempts to fix various texture-related problems during your Payday 2 gameplay. This is the mod that will fix the texture of the game, as well as improve the overall performance of it.
Once you’ve installed this mod, you will be able to experience a smoother gameplay, as well as better texture graphics. It is regularly being updated to fix further problems during the gameplay.
- It helps improve the overall performance of the game.
- It helps improve the overall graphics of the game.
- You will experience fewer FPS slowdowns and stuttering.
- Trump billboard is removed.
- Game will run with fewer performance problems or crashes.
The Restoration Mod is a mod for Payday 2 that handles various aspects of the game. It helps restores and improves many aspects of the game, and you can configure each of them via the options menu.
Because of the size and complexity of the mod, you need to install other mods in order for it to run. The required mods to install are Beardlib, SuperBLT, and Voiceline Framework.
- It improves various aspects of the game, including unit variety, HUD, cop AI, and more.
- The game will look and play better with this mod.
- New weapons, masks, and heists are available.
- Change the HUD and UI elements.
- Improve the sound quality to 3D sound.
WolfHUD – Best Payday 2 Mods
If you feel bored with the default HUD style in your Payday 2 gameplay, there are various mods that you can use to change the HUD in this game.
One of such mods is WolfHUD, which is a mod that has various HUD alteration options that you can configure to meet with your preferences. With this, you can change the HUD style of this game and get additional features that are not available in the default HUD as well.
- Change various aspects of your HUD through in-game options.
- Add various new features that are not available in the default HUD.
- The all-in-one solution for all your HUD customization needs.
- It’s a better and improved version of GageHUD.
- It includes various mods and tweaks in one package.
Hostage Escort Tweaks
Escorting hostages is one activity that you usually do when performing heists in Payday 2. In the default mechanic, hostage escort might look too difficult to do.
For instance, you might be able to escort only one hostage at a time. In the heist, you might need to bring all hostages safely, while there are various challenges that you must face along the way. For instance, when your hostage is not following you or moving too slow, they might end up killed during the escort. This mod attempts to change various aspects of the hostage-escorting process.
- You can escort 3 hostages at the same time.
- Hostages become more active in following you.
- Hostages move closer to you during the escort.
- Hostages move faster than default.
- It displays a message to let users know that this mod is applied when you run this mod as a host.
Keepers – Best Payday 2 Mods
When playing this game cooperatively with AI teammates, you might not be able to communicate with them as effectively as when you play with real human players.
Keepers is the mod that allows you to communicate with your AI teammates more effectively by giving them orders that you can’t usually do when you are not running this mod.
- You can order your AI teammates to use cover or do some patrolling.
- AI teammates will get back to their previous position when pushed back.
- AI teammates will reach you faster by enhancing their path.
- You can order AI teammates to interact with various things.
- You can order AI teammates to hunt a cop.
FEDNET Inventory Icons
When you take a look at the inventory icons in Payday 2, they would look the same because they are presented in the same color: gray.
If you don’t like the style of the default inventory icons, you can always change it with the right mod. FEDNET Inventory Icons is the mod that you need to turn the default gray icons into colored icons that are based on FBI files. This way, your inventory will look more attractive.
- Turn the gray icons into colored icons.
- It is based on FBI files, so it will transform your inventory icons realistically.
- It includes colored weapons, colored masks, and colored melee weapons.
- It can work without installing any other mods.
- It turns the HUD into a colorful HUD.
Bullet Dismemberment is a mod that will give you lots of fun playing with your bullets. In the default game, you might use the bullets only to kill enemies.
But, with this mod, you will be able to have fun with all the other added effects when you shoot your enemies with your bullets. For instance, it can cause decapitation and dismemberment of your enemies.
- It can cause decapitation when shooting your enemies on the head.
- It can dismember enemy limbs when you shoot their limbs.
- Dramatic visual effects.
- Blood effects are improved.
- Your teammates can also decapitate the enemies.
Drag and Drop Inventory
The Drag and Drop Inventory mod is a creative mod that allows you to edit your inventory easily. When you access the inventory screen, you usually cannot move the inventory and pages according to your preferences.
But, with this mod, it will become possible for you to drag and drop your inventory and pages based on your preferences. So, making the inventory screen look the way you want it to look is very easy when you have this mod installed.
- You can drag and drop any inventory.
- You can drag and drop any pages.
- It updates your profiles automatically when you make some changes in your inventory.
- It is very easy to drag and drop any inventory and page.
- You can change your inventory screen according to your preferences.
Loading Screen Info
In Payday 2, you will see many loading screens when you transition from one screen to another screen. However, the loading screen displayed would be very simple.
It just has the word LOADING in it, without any additional information. This mod will give your loading screen more information so that you can make it a bit more useful.
- It can display game session information when changing levels.
- It can display tips on the loading screen.
- You can also see the controller infographics on the loading screen.
- It can take effect when playing the offline game, hosting an online game, and connecting to an online game.
- It can also take effect when you are in the safe house.
Inventory Count – Best Payday 2 Mods
The Inventory Count mod is the mod that allows you to display the amount of deployable and throwable items that you have in your inventory. This can be useful for new players who want to get familiar with the gameplay of Payday 2.
With this mod, it will be easier for you to measure your attacks since you know exactly how many deployable and throwable items that you have.
- It displays the number of deployable and throwable items that you have.
- It displays additional information for your deployable items.
- Various information can be displayed, such as Bulletstorm, Uppers, and ECM’s Pager Delay.
- Updated the entries of Shaped Charges and Ammo Bags.
- You can see various skills that affect the deployable items.
Did you miss the badass pose animations in the Payday 2 main menu? If you miss it, you can re-enable it with this mod.
The Badass Camera mod will give you the previous badass backdrop camera animations in the main menu of the game. So, your main menu will look much better, and of course, look more badass.
- Simple and straightforward installation.
- Updates will not affect this mod.
- It gives backdrop camera animations a return in the main menu.
- You don’t need to configure anything.
- Instant and immediate effect for your game.
Auto-Fire Sound Fix
In the Payday 2 game, the default sound for one shot when you enable the auto-fire is the sound of two gunshots. This can be an inaccurate audio representation of the shot you are firing at your enemies.
So, the Auto-Fire Sound Fix is a mod that attempts to fix that problem. This sound fix will make the sound of your auto-fire guns more accurate, and therefore, making the game more enjoyable to play.
- The updated version no longer causes crash during the gameplay.
- Fix the sound of auto-fire gunshots.
- It enables a more accurate sound of gunshots for various weapons.
- Some weapons automatically don’t use this mod if they are unrelated.
- Compatibility with other mods is improved.
Chat Info – Best Payday 2 Mods
The Chat Info mod for Payday 2 will make it easier for you to chat with other players in this game. It can also give more engagement with the players that you are chatting with.
This is the mod that will give a notification when another player is typing to chat with you. So, you can anticipate their message and avoid missing the messages sent by other players in the chat inbox. This mod requires the Delayed Calls Fix mod to run.
- You can anticipate messages from other players.
- A notification is displayed whenever someone is typing to chat with you.
- Chatting will become easier and more engaging to do.
- It is enabled in offline mode.
- You can reply chat from others in a timely manner.
In dark areas during the gameplay in Payday 2, you can use the flashlight to light the surrounding areas so that you can anticipate your enemies.
But, the problem with the default flashlight is that it doesn’t bring enough light to the surrounding areas, and it has a very close and limited range. The Flashlight Extender mod is there to fix this problem, making the flashlight look more realistic with the extended range.
- Add the range to your flashlight to cover more areas.
- The light from the flashlight becomes more realistic.
- The brightness of the light is added as well.
- Shine any NPC when you direct your flashlight to them.
- Widen the reach of the light.
ADS Fire Mode
The ADS Fire Mode can make your shooting and firing to be easier and more enjoyable. This mod will help you to shoot your enemies more effectively since you can easily change the fire mode according to your preferences.
This way, you don’t need to do it manually every time. The change in the fire mode will become automatic and smooth during your gameplay.
- Change the fire mode automatically.
- Each weapon can be configured easily.
- It takes effect when you aim downside.
- The mod can be deactivated for specific weapons.
- The mod can be edited according to your preferences.
Anti Voice Spam (Updated)
The updated version of Anti Voice Spam mod provides various improvements over the original mod, which was no longer updated.
This mod allows you to block certain voices in the game and prevent you from hearing such voices from other players. However, you can still hear these voices normally throughout your gameplay if it is a part of the gameplay. Thus, it will prevent you from getting spam voices from other players that you don’t want to hear during the gameplay.
- It blocks certain voices and prevent you from hearing these voices from other players.
- Mute all voices from the players that you have muted.
- Different voice lines are available for you to block.
- You can add more voice lines to be blocked.
- You won’t block your own voice by using this mod.
In Payday 2, when you are on Birth of Sky, you might fail to pick money bundle and other items due to not discarding your parachute in time.
This can be quite frustrating as you need to do it all over again just to pick up the items that you have missed. The Auto-Discard Parachute mod is the little modification that you can use to make sure that you are discarding your parachute automatically so that you won’t miss the important items on Birth of Sky.
- You will automatically discard your parachute bag after landing.
- It eliminates the chance of you forgetting to discard your parachute.
- You can pick useful items on Birth of Sky.
- Simple and straightforward installation with no configuration necessary.
- No interaction is needed to discard your parachute.
Assault States – Best Payday 2 mods
The assault corner banner will display the assault that is happening during your gameplay. With the Assault States mod, you can find out more information about the assault instead of a general banner display.
This mod provides various assault states that can inform you about any assaults in the game. It works when you are hosting the game with this mod, or if you are a client, the host needs to install this mod in order for it to work.
- It is compatible with the default assault states banner.
- You can customize the text and color of the assault banner.
- It includes various assault states, including control state, anticipation state, the police state, and more.
- It makes you more aware of the assaults that happen in the game.
- Compatible with some localizations.
In this game, you can still play as the original Payday crews that need to complete various heist missions.
Once you’ve completed the heists, you will be presented with three different cards. You need to choose one card after the mission completion, and this will be your payday.
Each card has different things that you can acquire, and the items that you will get as your reward will be randomly generated.
It can be money, experience, masks, weapons, modifications, or any other game-related stuff.
Though the gameplay is simple, it offers different experiences as you play each different heist.
Also, with the progression that you can make throughout the game, as well as different co-op players that you can play with, it brings this game a great replay value.
Which makes it possible for you to enjoy this game in various different ways depending on the mission that you choose, the character that you choose, weapons, outfits, and more.
Payday 2 is a game where you can accomplish your objectives cooperatively with other players or with AI teammates.
However, during the gameplay, you might not be satisfied with the features that are provided to you by default there.
For instance, you might think that the HUD needs to be changed, or that the inventory screen needs to be customized, and so on.
During the gameplay itself, some default features might provide you with some disadvantages, such as a low range when you use your flashlight, auto-fire problem, and hostage escort difficulty.
You can change various aspects of this game using mods that specifically address these issues.
By installing these top mods, you will be able to create a much better experience in your gameplay and ensure that you can complete each heist successfully.
These mods will also help you to add more features and improvements in the look and feel of the game, which will make the game even more enjoyable to play.
So tell me, which one of these 22 “best Payday 2 mods” is your personal favorite and why?